Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Content

Looking back I found this post about Art. The content is there, but is never went back. This content like so much of what I've written in past posts is centered around some heavy emotional thoughts about people. I wonder if there is something to filling this in and writing from the heart (hArt). 

There is a new thought that I have just had the time to explore, or rather synthesize. I think that in Art we, the artists and viewers, are moving into a new season in which we embrace memory and connections. This is something that I have been trying to talk about, but I have been at a lack of words until now, I think. Anther thought, not wholly separate from this is that idea that art is a communicative tool. Although this is not a new thought I think that we are moving into a state where this will be embraced. I think that this needs to be embraced because there is a recent return to explanation. The artist explaining what is in their 'real' minds and not in what they speak. Even better now is that the Art World, as a necessary phenomena, is excepting these ideas and supporting them. We are in a paradigm shift now where the artist will begin to talk to the viewer, the art will become more ecesable, and the artists will not simply create, but 'speak' to the viewer directly. This stems from a renewed sense of identity, which I think has always been there, but has been ignored. This is a slow shift, but a shift none the less. I do not think that it will be long before others notice, if they have not already, and someone will write more conclusively on this topic. (If anyone does wirte on this I want to be the first to name it: Memorium.)

No comments:

Post a Comment